CELEBRATING 25 YEARS
Versatile and durable, structural plastic lumber offers an alternative to treated wood and is ideal for heavy commercial infrastructure projects such as bridges, marine applications, boardwalks, docks, piers and fendering systems. This material performs especially well in extreme salt, sun, and corrosive type environments. Can be wet set directly into concrete! Use standard woodworking tools, fasteners, and connectors see: https://www.strongtie.com/ (Subject to engineering review).
Structural plastic lumber comes in multiple surface options and is typically made from recycled polyethylene, reinforced with chopped fiberglass and contains additives such as UV inhibitors and colorants. Optional fiberglass rebar can be added for even greater strength and stability.
The advantages of this solid and highly stable material are many:
- Up to 50 year limited warranty
- Insect and marine borer resistant
- Impervious to salt, mold, dry rot, and corrosives
- Graffiti resistant
- Maintenance free – no painting, staining, sealer needed
- Non-leaching, toxin free
- Up to 100% recycled*
- Long-term aesthetics
- Use standard woodworking tools
- Retains fasteners up to 30% better than standard wood
- ASTM tested
(*) Specific product recycled content upon request
Note: Structural plastic lumber is not a direct replacement for wood. (See technical data below.)
- Structural TI HDPE Lumber Technical Data
- Structural BM Reinforced Lumber Technical Data
- Structural-X: Recycled Structural Composite
- Railroad Ties
Value Engineered Custom Profiles
*For Reference, should be reviewed by licensed engineer.
Largest selections of colors, sizes & grades available.
American Plastic Lumber has provided maintenance-free recycled plastic lumber products throughout the world for over a quarter century.